I have a snack addiction // GUACAMOLE
Being from an Italian family, we always had the usual; Prosciutto, Mortadella, Salami, Cheese & Bread for antipasto before the meal. However, my Zia Paula (my Great Aunt) would always bring Guacamole to our family gatherings-no matter what the menu was.
It was a HIT-a must have-the recipe we all wanted
I asked if she would share it with me & she said it was so easy-just a few ingredients (and it was!)
So the basics she told me was avocados, cilantro, onion, & jalapeno.
After a few tries of recipes, I came up with my own version & now I am asked to bring it to our family gatherings.
Therefore, I needed to share my Holy Guacamole recipe + tips with you!
make this a few hours ahead of time to share + make sure to make plenty as if goes FAST!
Desi’s Holy Guacamole
-6 Avocados (I suggest 1 large avocado per person) // TIP: follow this LINK on how to pick the best avocado!
-1 medium tomato
-1/2 Jalapeno (take our the seeds & chop small pieces, I use a Mezzaluna for my cutting of onion & jalapeno)
-1/2 medium red onion
-salt & pepper to taste
note: you can add cilantro if you like the taste // totally to you.
1. Prepare your ingredients by chopping the onion and jalapeno using the Mezzaluna luna or knife
2. Chop tomato into small bite size pieces
3. Peel & core avocado & place into a medium size mixing bowl
4. Smash the avocado ( I LOVE to use a potato smasher to get the consistency I like)
5. Add in to jalapeno, onion & tomato
6. Squeeze the juice of 1 lime into the mixture and stir with a spoon
7. Add in salt & pepper to taste (approx 1 tsp salt & 1/2 tsp pepper)
Once all added & mixed, spoon mixture into your serving or traveling dish. Put the pit of 2 avocados into the mixture until ready to serve. Adding the pits will help your Holy Guacamole to stay fresh & green. Once in dish, squeeze juice of remaining lime on top & chill until ready to serve.
& there you have it, HOLY GUACAMOLE!